Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's Fall...

This was fun! I love fall and the fall holidays. This is a card I did for my brother. He visited me when I was in the hospital and brought me and card and just was very caring to call and check on me regularly. I used several different techniques doing this, I colored with water color pencils, embossed with versa mark and clear embossing powder and then just cut out each piece and applied it to the card with tape or glue dots. I always do the brads and then adhere the paper, i don't like the brads going through the paper so that you can see it when you open it. If I do the brads through because of necessity I always put a new piece of paper on the inside to hide them. These stamps are a combination of 3 stamp sets. Fall Whimsy was one of the sets and the other was the Thankful Thoughts and the final was an independent stamp, the hay bales.

I used the hay bales several years ago to make cards for my best friend when she lost her father-in-law and they were out of town so we had to pull a bunch of people together to unload hay before the rain since the funeral and family stuff all happened at the same time. So I made Thank You cards for her to send to those that helped her. They were cute, I hate I didn't take a picture of them.


Here is another couple of cards that I made with the same set:


YOU CAN CHECK OUT SOME MORE OF MY STUFF AT:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/

click Gallery

type in: dawntice00

No comments:

Post a Comment